Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /includes/functions.php on line 3124

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /includes/functions.php on line 3276

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /includes/functions.php on line 3276

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /includes/functions.php on line 3268

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /includes/functions.php on line 3268

Pathfinder skills system and our house rules - ThursdayGaming

Go Back   ThursdayGaming > Pathfinder RPG Conversion

Old 23 May 2008   #1
IconoclastX
Administrator
Acolyte

Default Pathfinder skills system and our house rules

Since I'm working on updating my excel character generator, I need to know thoughts on the following and what we'd like to keep doing or not keep doing...

First: Skill Groups

I think we can continue to use this one (ie. we pick one skill group) but I think we can probably tailor them a bit better. I'll post my suggestion for skill groups in another thread. The reason I think we can keep doing this, even with the new-ish system Pathfinder uses for skills is that they still haven't actually given any more skill points to the classes - just made the non-class skills able to be taken to higher ranks. The skill group doesn't overlap with this change, and remains very useful in solving our perceived issue of having too few skill points.

Second: Bonus class skills based on intelligence

I like this one, but with the Pathfinder skill scheme I don't think it's necessary anymore. This didn't stretch your points any farther, it just made some cross-class skills into class skills - you still had to spend points in them individually in order to take them. The Pathfinder skill system addresses this (though this could still be quite useful if you need cross-class skills to qualify for prestige classes...)

Discuss.
IconoclastX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2008   #2
Jamie
Initiate

Late replies, sorry been sick since the weekend. Today is the first day that I've felt well enough to climb stairs and check email.

; )

I like skill groups and I like Cross-Class Skill Addition Based on I nt.

My vote is a bit late, but I would them both in place and keep playing with both of them.

That's my ver late 2 cents. Thanks for posting (V)arc.

Jamie.

Nigel Bladesemmer, Silverymoon, 1371 D.R.
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote